The best 5 Free Recording Software presented in this article are the best open source recording/mixing programs available for beginners, that can be downloaded for free. Get a free app, get used to it, and when you'll have enough money, you can go and buy a commercial one.
1. Audacity - This is the best free audio editor/mixing program.
2. KRISTAL-Audio-Engine - Great for mixing your songs
3. Onyx Arranger - More a producing software
4. Traverso - Amazing free audio editor
5. Wave Editor - Simple, easy to use
If you still want to go for a commercial software, you can buy older and cheaper versions. Also, many audio interfaces comes with free light versions of commercial software (eg Audio Kontrol 1 Audio Interface features free Cubase le).